a case in the MedEdQR web-app from scratch, from your existing cases, from public cases of other institutions or from those available on the Internet.
the case to a group of users and/or to one or more individuals.
the case content to users via their mobile device.
MedEdQR is a unique cloud based, virtual patient medical case platform, utilizing ubiquitous mobile devices for case delivery and a centralized web-based application for case creation and deployment. It has been designed to bring augmented reality and dynamic case engagement to case based and clinical medical training.
MedEdQR differentiates itself from other “virtual patient” systems by moving the student from behind the computer to in front of the “patient.”
Trick of the Month
An Innovative Way of Using QR Codes for Medical Education
This is the first in a series of innovative ways of deploying MedEdQR’s generic (not case dependent) QR Codes. Build a clinical skills case around a manikin (or skeleton for more fun), and let the users scan the codes to return the Physical Exam data or any other data apropos to the case. Remember, MedEdQR’s codes are generic and are only associated with a case once the user logs into their smart device and selects a case.
If you don’t like the manikin idea, then put the codes on a vest and have a user or SP (Standardized Patient) wear it! We’ll show that idea in the future.
Build, Manage and Deploy Your
Virtual Patient Cases
- Nothing to install on your servers since MedEdQR is cloud based (SaaS*)- automatic release of new features and bug fixes.
- Simple mobile device app download and install.
- Anytime / anyplace learner/user access with online service and support.
- A platform designed for multiple types of use scenarios, for example, collaborative exercises, individual self-study, individual or group remedial work, learning assessment, and demonstration.
- Cases are not limited to medical knowledge, but can also be used in clinical skills and professionalism training or education and HR, marketing and sales training and client outreach.
- Spend less time creating training/educational materials due to a wide variety of case features and pre-populated Media, Quizzes, Physical Exam, and Lab Test Libraries.
- Multiple ways to deploy the QR Codes (booklets, embedded, stickyback, …).
- Alternate case content retrieval through voice commands, text input or the scanning of QR-codes.
*SaaS : Software as a Service